Looking for clarification

• Hi all,

I am fairly new to Arma 3 Exile, and Arma 3 in general. I wanted to describe a scenario that has happened to me twice now, in hopes that someone can clarify what is happening.

Twice now, while in a ground vehicle, I am suddenly met with the audio "Warning! Warning! Missile Detected" or something of that nature, which in a couple of seconds time, ends with the destruction of my vehicle and me along with it.

The first time it happened, it was generally accepted (I think) that I had just gotten too close to an Elite Mission, and suffered the consequences. The mission in question was "Walmart Riot", which is Hardcore difficulty. I thought I was a fair distance off, but fair enough.

Today, it happened again. However, this time, I was much further away from mission areas, and neither of the near-ish missions were "Hardcore difficulty", one was 1 stripe, and the other was 2 stripes, and as I said, they were a pretty good ways off. At least 4 or 5 "squares" away on the map. Also, it is worth mentioning that this time, I was able to avoid the first missile by immediately gunning the vehicle as soon as I heard the warning. I did not avoid the second. Also, I noticed at this time (between the first and second missiles) a purple "man" had appeared on the map.

So, more or less - here are my questions:

1. Do wandering AI (outside mission areas) sometimes carry missile launchers?

2. At what range can I be engaged by an AI with a missile launcher?

3. How do I defend myself from a missile attack?

4. Is there any way to get advanced detection notice? Something more than a couple of seconds?

Please understand, I am not complaining and I am enjoying myself on the server so far. I just want to understand what is happening, how to avoid it, or how to defend myself. I am currently a nomad, having everything I own in these vehicles while I search for someplace to set up base, so instances like this are costly and frustrating.

• Hello,

please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1. I'm not sure but I think some roaming AIs also have rocket launchers either on soldiers or on vehicles.
    2. In my experience they start shooting at you around the 500-600 meter mark if you're on a land vehicle.
    3. In my experience wish for the best and if they shoot at you with a "dumbfire" aka non-guidable missile, hit the brakes, change driving direction, go behind hill/building and sometimes I just jump out of the car (it confuses the AI when the vehicle becomes unoccupied and they start ignoring the vehicle but only SOMETIMES). If they shoot at you with guidable missiles you're pretty much screwed unless you can take cover behind hill or building, but Titan launchers can shoot high up first then start homing on you so a low building/object may not protect you. Also if you approach a mission site, try to do it through a forest, they cannot lock on you if you got good tree cover.
    4. I think the only way is to try to look if anyone of them is grabbing their rocket launcher and aim at you but it is difficult when you're far away.

• Hello,

as also written in DIscord.

1. No, only mission AI have launchers

2. they can also target you above 2km if the vision is clear

3. drive fast and keep away from missions, at least 1km

4. Sadly not, as the system recognized a missile only when the AI is locking you, e. g. with Titans - Vorona and such AT materials cannot be detected

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!