Beiträge von Stupid Noob Gamer

Hi all,

I am fairly new to Arma 3 Exile, and Arma 3 in general. I wanted to describe a scenario that has happened to me twice now, in hopes that someone can clarify what is happening.

Twice now, while in a ground vehicle, I am suddenly met with the audio "Warning! Warning! Missile Detected" or something of that nature, which in a couple of seconds time, ends with the destruction of my vehicle and me along with it.

The first time it happened, it was generally accepted (I think) that I had just gotten too close to an Elite Mission, and suffered the consequences. The mission in question was "Walmart Riot", which is Hardcore difficulty. I thought I was a fair distance off, but fair enough.

Today, it happened again. However, this time, I was much further away from mission areas, and neither of the near-ish missions were "Hardcore difficulty", one was 1 stripe, and the other was 2 stripes, and as I said, they were a pretty good ways off. At least 4 or 5 "squares" away on the map. Also, it is worth mentioning that this time, I was able to avoid the first missile by immediately gunning the vehicle as soon as I heard the warning. I did not avoid the second. Also, I noticed at this time (between the first and second missiles) a purple "man" had appeared on the map.

So, more or less - here are my questions:

1. Do wandering AI (outside mission areas) sometimes carry missile launchers?

2. At what range can I be engaged by an AI with a missile launcher?

3. How do I defend myself from a missile attack?

4. Is there any way to get advanced detection notice? Something more than a couple of seconds?

Please understand, I am not complaining and I am enjoying myself on the server so far. I just want to understand what is happening, how to avoid it, or how to defend myself. I am currently a nomad, having everything I own in these vehicles while I search for someplace to set up base, so instances like this are costly and frustrating.